Business / Finance Manager
Contract Type: Permanent/Ongoing Position Full Time
St Paul Lutheran School invites applications from ambitious, aspirational leaders with experience in business or finance and a strong interest in contemporary education. This leadership role is offered as a full time permanent position. The successful candidate must be able to obtain a Department of Human Services Working With Children Check. Start date to be negotiated.
Permanent Leadership Position
The Business Leader at St Paul Lutheran School will understand and demonstrate a commitment to St Paul Lutheran School’s Mission, Vision and Values, and to 'Growing Deep', Lutheran Education Australia’s Leadership and formation framework. This position reports directly to the Principal, requiring both a strategic and operational focus upon the business administration of the school, and is a significant contributor to the delivery of a successful education program. The Business Leader is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and works closely with the School Council (Board).
In this role you will…
- Join the Senior Leadership Team of the school in providing a progressive and innovative educational setting now and in the future
- Provide executive support and strategic business advice to the Senior Leadership Team
- Lead the administrative and finance team of the school in providing efficient service with compassion and empathy
- Conduct complex data analyses and financial reporting to advise on school performance and identify future opportunities
- Develop and implement key strategic projects to assist the school to achieve its goals
- Develop, monitor and maintain the school's budget
- Play an active role in reporting to the School Council (Board), ensuring that the school allocates resources appropriately
- Lead and sustain the business operations of the school, including finance, human resources, compliance, property and marketing
- Ensure effective risk management practices including Occupational Health and Safety, employment law and third-party contract management
- Ensure that legislative and regulatory requirements are met
We are looking for someone with…
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications with significant leadership and management experience within a complex organisation
- Extensive experience in strategic business planning and improvement strategies
- The capacity to prioritise a diverse work load and manage a range of projects
- Proficiency in the use of a range of information and communication technologies
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning
- High level interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Understanding of the changing nature of contemporary education and enthusiastic support of the the vision for Inquiry Learning, Reggio Emilia, Project Based Learning, Design Thinking and related pedagogies
The St Paul Business Leader will be a creative, personable and visionary leader, eager to contribute to a progressive and innovative educational setting.
For an information pack, please contact the Principal's Assistant, Mrs Natalie Broome at email@example.com
All applications are to be addressed to the Principal, Mrs Leila Mattner, sent via email only as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A completed Applicant Declaration Form
- A short cover letter introducing yourself and outlining your current position and responsibilities
- A resume, containing a complete employment history and a minimum of 3 professional referees
- No more than a 4 page response to the Specific Responsibilities section of the Role Description
View our Employment Application Collection Notice here.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Wednesday 15 July.
Temporary Relief Teachers
For information please contact Carly Bergen at email@example.com